The suspense is growing, the Man Booker International shortlist has been unveiled. Which of these six books will be chosen for this £50,000 prize (split 50/50 between author and translator)? The winning book will be announced on June 14. Meanwhile, enjoy this lovely shortlist (and longlist!), and congratulations & best of luck to all the shortlisted translators.
- Mathias Enard (France), trans. Charlotte Mandell, Compass (Fitzcarraldo Editions)
- David Grossman (Israel), trans. Jessica Cohen, A Horse Walks Into a Bar (Jonathan Cape)
- Roy Jacobsen (Norway), trans. Don Bartlett, Don Shaw, The Unseen (Maclehose)
- Dorthe Nors (Denmark), trans. Misha Hoekstra, Mirror, Shoulder, Signal (Pushkin Press)
- Amos Oz (Israel), trans. Nicholas de Lange, Judas (Chatto & Windus)
- Samanta Schweblin (Argentina), trans. Megan McDowell, Fever Dream (Oneworld)